We are winding down with our holiday parties but the best have been saved for last. Coleen and Erik are hosting a party on Friday. Some of the people I love most in the world will be there. We don’t get to see each other as much during this season, so I’m really looking forward to spending time with them. Plus it’s a cocktail party, which means I get to dress up and be all girly! Gotta love that.
Erik and Coleen have been following a raw diet for a few months. It’s mostly vegan but once in a while the will indulge in some sushi. I found this recipe on Allrecipes.com. I think it will be perfect. It looks simple enough. As long as Whole Foods has sushi grade Tuna. I think it’s what I’ll make to take Friday.
Absolutely Amazing Ahi
- 3/4 pound sashimi grade tuna steak, diced
- 1/2 cup diced cucumber
- 1 avocados – peeled, pitted and diced
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 1 1/2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- In a medium bowl, combine the tuna, cucumber, avocado, green onion, red pepper flakes and sesame seeds. Pour in the lemon juice, sesame oil and soy sauce, and stir carefully to blend so as not to mash the avocado. Place this bowl into a larger bowl that has been filled with ice. Chill in the refrigerator for 15 minutes, but no longer – the terrific freshness of the fish will be lost.
- Once chilled, remove the bowl from the ice, and invert onto a serving plate. Serve with toasted bread or your favorite crackers.